Case Study of Private Equity Style Acquisition
A UK Family with significant Real Estate portfolio had built a diversification strategy for their business focusing on both traditional investments and private equity stakes in those businesses where it added value. Over time their Family office became ineffective due to changes in the circumstances of their key staff.
Aqua had a historic relationship with their Family Office, and was able to step in where there was a need, providing expertise and support to the Family Office on a "plug in and play" basis. This allowed the Family to implement their diversification strategy which has started to yield significant results.
Aqua assisted with;
- The development of a corporate governance strategy;
- The creation of an investment strategy;
- Support to Family Office key members;
- Reporting line to the Family;
- Risk governance framework to support the Family as a Regulated Trust Company;
- A senior Trustee role;
- Involvement at a strategic level with the Family.